3 Month SUMMER Body Workout Plan For Women: Month 3
Now we’re going to kick it up a notch. You’ve been working hard on your skills and stamina in months 1 and 2, so it’s time to go hard with a combination of boxing, weight training, roadwork, and kickboxing routines. In month 3, plan on training six (6) days a week.
Training: Day 1
Commit one day a week to testing your endurance through longer-distance roadwork. Try a 20-minute run at a moderate pace to start. Feel free to add some hills or extend the length of your run if you feel you need more of a challenge.
Training: Day 2
Combine some of your favorite footwork drills (jump rope, agility ladder) for about 20 minutes with at least 15 minutes of shadowboxing.
Training: Days 3 & 4
Training: Day 5
Here’s your one day reserved for kicking butt. Kickboxing is a fun way to mix up your boxing training and give your legs even more of a workout.
Beginners to kickboxing should get familiar with the three (3) main types of kicks:
- Lead Kick (Side Kick)
- Rear Kick (Turning Kick)
- Hook Kick
With this foundation, now you can put it all together with some kickboxing combinations and drills. FightCamp has a library full of kickboxing training videos to give you variety and see kickboxing in action.
Training: Day 6
Weight training is integral to boxing training. It helps to build muscle which increases punching (and kicking) power. Start with lighter weights and work your way up to create more resistance.
Here are three (3) weight training drills that incorporate dumbbells and your own body weight.
Exercise 1: Bicep Curls (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms at your sides
- Keep your elbows close to your torso, with your palms facing outwards
- Bend your elbows, curling the weights up towards your shoulders
- Release and bring your arms back down to your side
- Repeat for 10 reps
Exercise 2: Shoulder Press (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Stand upright and lift the dumbbells to your shoulders
- Press the weights upward, above your head until there is just a slight bend in your elbows
- Lower the weights back down to your shoulders and repeat for 10 reps
Exercise 3: Runner’s Crunch (10 reps)
- Lay down flat on your back and place your hands behind your head with your elbows out wide
- Sit up until your back is off the floor and bring your right knee to your chest, meeting it with your left elbow; your left leg should be horizontally lifted off the ground
- Lower back down and repeat with the opposite leg and arm
- Repeat for 10 reps
If you feel ready for an even bigger challenge, try this intense seven (7) day workout schedule brought to you by FightCamp Trainer Shanie Smash. This next-level exercise routine is guaranteed to get you #ShanieSmashed. Don’t worry, you still technically get one rest day – but you have to commit to stretching!
3-Month Summer Body Workout Plan For Women: Month 1
3-Month Summer Body Workout Plan For Women: Month 2
Why Training Like a Boxer Gets You In Amazing Shape
QUICK 15-Minute Summer Workout Routine
BEST 20-Minute Beginner Boxing Workout for Women
30-Minute Boxing HIIT Family Workout With Shanie SMASH
6 BEST Boxing Resources For Women
Get #ShanieSmashed: 7-Day Full-Body Strength Workout
The Author: Mollie McGurk is a fitness enthusiast who has trained in boxing, HIIT boxing, kickboxing and MMA for over 10 years. Her local boxing gym has hosted champion instructors including the ‘Iceman’ John Scully and Israel ‘Pito’ Cardona. Mollie has also studied personal training through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) program.