Heavy Bag Review: Century Versys Bag Vs. FightCamp Bag
Selecting the perfect punching bag shouldn’t be overwhelming. While there are a lot of options available, a little bit of research can give you a clearer idea of what you need and what to look for in a boxing bag.
Comparing some of the more popular heavy bags on the market can be a great start. Here, FightCamp Trainer Aaron Swenson takes a look at some of the KEY FEATURES of the Century Versys bag and the FightCamp bag to see how they measure up.
CENTURY VERSYS BAG
- Has straps on the top so you can push and pull the bag as needed (great for drills like knee hits)
- Easy to pick up and lay on the floor, ideal for MMA-style fighting
- Good prop for plyometrics like jumps or toe touches
- Softer hitting surface makes it great for kids
- With a sand-filled base, this boxing bag won’t move at all
- Great for a more intense workout and putting all your power behind your hits
- Excellent height for greater hitting surface, long enough for plank punches, low kicks
- Aesthetically pleasing for in-home use
What Is The Best Punching Bag To Buy?
The best punching bag to buy is the bag that fits your workout needs. Different bags are ideal for different uses, so it’s a very individual decision. Doing your research is the most important thing you can do to determine which bag is best for you.
What Should I Look For In a Heavy Bag?
You should look for a heavy bag that is suited to your workout style, falls within your price range, and is made of decent quality. Unlike many other punching bags, a heavy bag should be sturdy enough to endure high impact punching and kicking. You want to decide out if you prefer a standing bag or a hanging bag, whether you need it to be firmer or softer to hit, and how big you need it to be.
What Is The Best Heavy Bag?
The best heavy bag is dependent on you as a boxer--your needs and your preferences. Doing your research is key to choosing the best heavy bag for you. There is a wide range of heavy bags to choose from. That’s why we are testing and putting together comparisons for popular bags to help you decide.
What Punching Bag Should I Buy For At-Home Use?
How To Choose The Right Punching Bag For Your Workout
At-Home Boxing Equipment: The Free-Standing Punching Bag
How To Use a Boxing Bag: A Beginner’s Guide
What Is a Speed Bag In Boxing?
Why You Should Start Training With a Punching Bag