How to Start Your FightCamp Workout: Tips & Tricks
At-home workouts can be one of the best ways to stay committed to getting in shape. At-home boxing makes it even easier because it is so effective and absolutely addictive. Getting set up for boxing at home is now simpler than ever with FightCamp.
How Do I Start a FightCamp Workout?
It’s easy to start your FightCamp workout. The more training you do, the more it will become second nature to follow these steps and be ready to go. FightCamp trainer Shanie “Smash” has some helpful tips on getting into a pre-workout routine.
To get started, there are a few at-home boxing essentials Shanie recommends.
What You’ll Need:
- Punch Trackers
- Hand Wraps
- Boxing Gloves
- iOS Device (iPhone or iPad)
- Water Bottle
- The FightCamp Gym
Follow Shanie’s Step-by-Step Process:
1. Sign in to the FightCamp App to choose which workout you want to do.
2. Put your wraps on.
3. Grab your punch trackers – Shanie recommends leaving your trackers right in the charger so you know where they are at all times (and they are always charged and ready to go)!
4. Double tap your trackers to activate them.
5. Slide the trackers into the sleeve on your wraps with the black side facing down. Remember: red is for the right, blue is for the left.
6. Finish securing your quick wraps around your wrists.
7. Connect your device. You can either play your workout directly from your phone or IPad, or you can connect it to your TV. There are two ways to connect to your TV:
- Connecting to Airplay with an Apple TV
- Connecting via Lighting Cable with HDMI (Shanie’s recommendation)
8. Start the class.
9. You have around 60 seconds to put your gloves on. This may be tricky at first, but it will get easier! Try practicing beforehand so you’re ready when the workout starts.
10. Blast through your workout!
11. Take an after-workout selfie to share and don’t forget to tag @FightCamp and your trainer!
Boxing training elevates at-home workouts to the next level, giving you a full-body, stress-blasting workout that is insanely fun to do. FightCamp makes it easy to start boxing at home with their boxing equipment packages and programs.
The Author: Shanie "Smash" Rusth is an undefeated professional mixed martial artist, FightCamp Trainer, and mother of two. She began training MMA in 2011 as a way to get in shape, learn a new skill, channel aggression, and feel empowered after becoming a young single mom. Outside of practicing martial arts and being a trainer, Shanie loves spending time in the gym and being active in the sunshine with her kids by going to the beach, running in the soft sand, and riding skateboards.